Skip to main content

Rajghat varanasi

An unusual morning at Rajghat.
Today morning when i woke up for my walk, I decided to head straight to the bank of Ganga. Dressed in night-suit, I took my camera and walked outside the Krishnamurti Foundation. When I reached Ganga-ghat I saw what could be the typical ‘rural-bustle’ of a village on river bank.






Females were carrying baskets (probably full of fishes) on their head and getting into heated discussions on family matters. There were row of boats on river bank, with people getting on with their morning chores. The temple besides the ghat had people sitting in verandah. Few healthy young males were busy in ’muscle-building’ exercises. An old man was dictating a young one on the importance of joint family. Three young boys were standing together and chatting on phone, one of them enquiring about his girl friend in Lucknow. Two young girls were exercising under the supervision of a coach. Few people sitting on the staircase of temple were immersed in the bhajans of their mobile phones. Some of them even gave me strict glances, probably on the inappropriateness of my attire.

And in the other world, there was a foggy-misty morning on Ganga. I settled myself on a spot and waited for the sun to appear in the sky. The sun first showed as a half red ball in the sky and within minutes came up as a round orange temptation. The liveliest thing was the orange shimmers of the sun dancing on waters. The boats crossing the shimmers made a picture perfect view. The sun with its shimmers slowly turned to yellow from orange and I headed back to my cottage with a glowing beauty in my heart.









Comments

  1. and you brought the morning brightness into the room and my life. Rimpy, how smooth is the write, than u so much for the upload..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very enjoyable reading. Content reveals clarity of thoughts and their pure expression. I am very happy to be with you people who love to find out meaning of life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you dr shailendra for your candid and pleasant comment...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The biggest pleasure of daily life...

 If I asked this question to someone"what is your biggest pleasure in today's life?", there could be many interesting answers to it. For example your child's smile , your job, the book  you wrote, the post on instagram etc etc. But for me, the answer comes instantly without any doubt. It's " Carrot Halwa in winters and mangoes in summer".  I have never been a foodie in my life. Since childhood, I have managed to adhere to a strict diet of two chappatis per meal, no oily food and rarely junk food( though junk food like pizza and momos were very rare and hardly available in those times.) But as far as my memory goes(till the age of three years) my love for carrot-halwa and mangoes has been eternal. Nowadays winters are at its peak in northern India and I have pleaded with my maid to never let container go dry of Carrot Halwa in refrigerator. As soon as one batch finishes , another is ready beforehand. For me its a joy to have my daily filling of this delic

Mystic Mechanic

Lost in woods      She looked here and there helplessly but no one was around. In hills it is difficult to get help. The local population is very less, that too distributed sparsely across various villages. She had no idea where she was. She had left Nainital at four in the evening and she was trying to make it to Ramnagar that same evening. She had a quarterly meet of her company at a resort in Ramnagar, famous for its Jim Corbett National Park . Now there were many beautiful resorts in Ramnagar one after the other, where tourists flocked for their wild-life adventures. These resorts on the bank of the river Kosi made a perfect destination for weddings and conference for corporate. Everything was going fine when on third day of her conference she decided to break loose and visit her aunt in Nainital. Her aunt had insisted that she stay overnight as it was not safe to drive in hills in evening. But the road was so good and drive so scenic she ignored all warnings and

Matrimony

  I had thoroughly enjoyed the advertisement made by the company "Jeevansaathi.com", where they depict the bride's father holding a turban and running behind every perspective groom, trying to see if he is the most suitable groom for his daughter. The best part is the questioning eyes of father to daughter when he symbolically places turban on the boy's head. the daughter's anguish is a separate hilarious subject to be discussed elsewhere. Today we are in the process of looking for a suitable groom for our daughter and the sentiments of above mentioned advertisement resonate perfectly with us. When my husband and I married decades ago, it was clear to us that decision of marriage should rest entirely with the perspective bride and groom. The perfect story goes as " The boy meets the girl. They fall in love, their parents( supposedly the society) oppose the union, they both struggle to bring them on board, the loving couple wins,  the marriage happens, and the